The Village of Maple Bluff, Wisconsin
Maple Bluff is a small residential suburb of Madison, WI, population 1,315. Maple Bluff was once occupied by the Winnebagos because of the lush maple groves and Lake Mendota which provided excellent fishing and hunting. The Village became established in the late 1890's by Thomas E. Coleman. Maple Bluff's village limits are defined by Lake Mendota to the west, Sherman Ave. and the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad to the east, the Yahara River to the south and Warner Park Boat launch to the north.